Nova Scotia Spa Tips- The Benefits of Massage
Monday, February 21st, 2011
Here at our full service Aveda spa, we know how important it is to get regular massages. Now we want you to know how important it is to receive regular massages. Here are the benefits to massage therapy:
- It can boost your immune system by stimulating your lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is your body’s natural line of defense against illness.
- Helps to ‘wean’ you off of medication dependence. This is especially good if you suffer from the type of pain massage can relieve such as back pain.
- Elevates positive moods therefore decreasing depression and anxiety
- Helps strengthen weak and tired muscles
- It can improve your skin
- Diminishes back pain and increases your range of motion.
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Can help reduce stretch marks and scar tissue
- Helps to reduce muscle spasms and cramping.
- Relaxes and softens injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Massage releases endorphins which are the body’s natural painkiller
- Reduces migraine pain.
- Massage has been known to shorten labour in pregnant women and also time spent in hospital after birth.
One of the most important benefits to massage therapy is stress reduction. Stress is a major contributor to illness and pain. Therefore, the less stress the better. So be sure to take advantage of massage therapy- especially on vacation. We know that although a trip to our Nova Scotia resort will be fun and exciting, it can be a time of constant sightseeing, running around with the kids, and more. Take the time to visit our Nova Scotia spa when you are here to relax after a long day of sightseeing.