The Perfect Canada Day Recipe: Strawberry Cheesecake Bites!
Friday, June 29th, 2012
Looking to make a delicious Canada Day treat for your friends and family this weekend? Why not try this quick and easy patriotic strawberry cheesecake recipe!
- Homemade or store-bought graham crackers
- 1 tub non-dairy cream cheese (or regular if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup- 3/4 cup icing sugar (confectioner’s)
- 2 vanilla beans or 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and diced
- Sugar, for sprinkling
1. Make your homemade graham crackers in advance or simply purchase graham crackers from the store.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Slowly add the icing sugar to taste. Add in a couple scraped vanilla beans and maple extract or a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice if you prefer. Store in fridge. You can also make this in advance!
3. Hull a pint of strawberries and dice.
4. Lay your graham crackers onto a large serving plate and spread with cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle on diced strawberries and sugar.
Notes: The homemade graham cracker recipe made about 13-15 maple leafs, so you may want to double the batch. I had leftover cream cheese frosting, so 1 tub should cover about 25 maple leafs depending on how much you use.
Be sure to bake your graham crackers a couple minutes longer (I think I baked mine for 17-18 minutes) so they were extra crispy once cooled. That ensures that the cream cheese frosting won’t make the cracker get soggy (it will get a bit soft after 20-30 minutes, but not too much).
For more information on this recipe visit Oh She Glows.
Canada Day Weekend at Digby Pines:
Looking for Canada Plans this weekend? Come celebrate the long weekend at our Nova Scotia resort. On Sunday, July 1st, we are hosting many activities for the whole family to enjoy. Starting at 10:30 AM, we will have cupcakes and games for the kids. Enjoy a delicious brunch from 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM for only $26.95. After your mouth watering meal, join comedian Susan Carter at 3 PM performing in the Garden Room. Free will donations will be collected for the Children’s Wish Foundation! Happy Canada Day!