Banana Lemon Ginger Chutney Recipe from Chef Dale
Thursday, August 2nd, 2012
Our Nova Scotia Resort Chef Dale says this recipe will melt your taste buds away! Over the long weekend, treat your friends and family to this delicious banana lemon ginger chutney. This mouth-watering recipe to the perfect way to impress your loved ones. Enjoy!
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 Almost-ripe bananas, cut into 1-inch-thick rounds
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ Cup fresh lemon juice 9 about 1 lemon)
- ¼ Cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ Cup orange juice
- Pinch each ground mace, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
In a large sautÃ© pan, heat the canola oil over high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onion slices and sautÃ©, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 to 6 minutes. Lower the heat to medium, add the ginger, and sautÃ© an additional 1 minute. Add all the remaining ingredients, bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook until the liquid is about as thick as catsup, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Keeps refrigerated about 2 weeks.