September 14 & September 15, 2019
Mindfulness: Add Meaning to Your Life
Mindfulness is a practice through which we learn to observe and become curious about our everyday life. It is a tendency to spend our time in our heads and not on the task at hand. We often perform the day to day activities of our life automatically without actually being present to our physical experience. By living this way, our life passes us by while we are caught up in the story in our heads. We miss the opportunity to truly taste the food we are eating, to see and experience that beautiful rose bush we walk past every day on our way into work, or to truly see the people that we interact with every single day. We are in such a rush to accomplish everything on our to-do list that we miss those deep, beautiful moments that are available to us every day. Those moments are what give our everyday meaning.
This workshop is designed to give you the tools you need to add mindfulness to your life.
We will focus on:
- Learning to become comfortable with stillness and silence – avoiding the tendency to turn to your phone every chance you get
- Learning how to do a body scan – grounding yourself in your body and learning to listen to the subtler cues and messages your body gives to you
- Learning to use your breath to access a calm, peaceful state of mind – helping you to speak, act and live from a more peaceful and centred in anxious moments
- Learning to slow down and enjoy the food and beverages you are consuming – helping you to enjoy the food you are eating and gauge hunger and fullness more easily
The basic outline of the workshop will be:
Yoga – gentle and mindful – appropriate for beginners and experienced yogis
Snack – with introductory mindful eating exercise
Body scan exercise
Mindful guided walk through the Pines trail and outdoor, group meditation
Meal – with mindful expanded mindful eating exercise
Debrief and closing
Single rates starting at $233 per person or $331 or $166 per person based on double occupancy.
September 14th/15th – overnight on the 14th and workshop on the 15th.
Mindfulness Workshop is $80 per person if not staying overnight. September 15th from 9 am – 2 pm.
Nicole Oliver graduated from YTT with JKK (Yoga Alliance 200 hour certified) yoga teacher training in 2016. Her relationship with yoga started in 2003 and solidly became a part of her life in 2012. Her background is primarily in Kripalu yoga. Her classes are introspective and mindful. She is passionate about teaching peace, emotional resilience and self-acceptance through yoga, meditation, mindfulness and journaling.
- One night accommodation
- Buffet Breakfast
- Mindfulness Workshop
- Workshop includes nutrition break and lunch