At Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa, we are committed to maintaining our green footprint through our eco-friendly initiatives. Offering our Green Suite to guests is one of the many things we do to reduce energy consumption and to enhance our commitment to the environment.
The stunning Green Suite is 75-80% eco-friendly and has many green features such as:
- King-sized bed mattress made from silk and bamboo
- Bamboo/cotton blend towels, face cloths & duvet covers
- Bamboo window blinds
- Refinished furniture
- Energy Star rated television
- Custom pine furniture from a local company with zero carbon footprint
- Recycled door as headboard
- Engineered oak flooring
- Natural decorations (stone & drift wood)
- Living plants
- Natural wool area rugs
- Mitsubishi heat pumps (heating & cooling)
- Compact cold cathode lighting, low voltage
- Dual flush toilet
- 1.75 fixtures which means they are low flow fixtures
- Low odor paint
- Local artwork
- Waste separation unit for garbage, compost, plastic, paper, recycle
- When planning your Nova Scotia vacation, ask our Reservations Team about our Green Suite option.
There is more to sustainability than being environmentally friendly. At the Digby Pines, we continue our commitment to green initiatives through our efforts to support our local community and economy. The Green Suite features local artists work and community products that were purchased locally with a green focus in mind. For more information about our commitment to greener stays, visit our Eco-Friendly page!